Sandals Resorts International, parent company of Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts, and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts, has announced the purchase of The Veranda Resorts & Residences in Turks & Caicos, a luxury property with beautifully appointed suites and villas and spectacular oceanfront views along Grace Bay. The agreement to acquire the resort was successfully reached after ongoing negotiations with His Excellency the Governor, Damian Roderic Todd and the Government of the Turks & Caicos Islands.”We sincerely thank Governor Todd, Premier Dr. Rufus Ewing and the entire cabinet for their ongoing support of Beaches Resorts,” said Gordon “Butch” Stewart, Chairman of Sandals Resorts. “We admire their vision and tireless efforts for the betterment of the Turks product and wish them ‘All That’s Good’ for the future.”The purchase will be an expansion of the award-winning Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa and introduced as the Key West Luxury Village. The Key West Luxury Village will feature studios, multi-bedroom suites and villas, perfect for visiting families, and will be the first major addition to the property since the grand opening of the resort’s Italian Village in 2009. In addition to the 16 restaurants currently at Beaches Turks & Caicos, guests will now have access to three new gourmet-dining establishments through the expansion, as well as a number of other luxurious amenities.Stewart commented, “It has been an exciting month for us and we are so pleased to continue the expansion of the Beaches Resorts brand in Turks & Caicos. Everything here is expressly designed for the way today’s families live and travel and we have truly added upon what was already the Caribbean’s most comprehensive, Luxury Included® vacation for every member of the family. We have so enjoyed sharing the beauty of Grace Bay over the last fifteen years and look forward to welcoming guests to this new piece of paradise.”
Some of the Key West Luxury Village highlights include:
- Excess of 150 rooms, suites and villas
- The East & West Villages are composed of villas and two story buildings, reminiscent of Key West
- The Veranda House is a four story building housing magnificent rooms, one bedroom and two bedroom loft suites.
- Three and four bedroom villas on the beach with private pools that are as large as private homes
- All concierge with butler villas and suites
- Three additional restaurants
- One additional bar
- An additional state of the art fitness center
- Three additional swimming pools
- An additional kids center
- Fire Pits
These rooms will be bookable immediately. Contact an agent for more information!