Secrets Resorts & Spas, the award-winning resort brand offering Unlimited-Luxury® vacations for adults-only, announces the opening of its first property in Jamaica, the Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay. The new exclusive all-suites resort will be joined next month by the Secrets St. James Montego Bay. To-date, the two-resort $180 million project has infused $100 million into the local Jamaican economy and created 1,500 jobs during construction with an additional 950 jobs created for resort operations by the end of 2010. Within the first year, the two properties are projected to receive over 52,000 guests.
“AMResorts’ consistent growth is directly linked to our continued search for opportunities in the travel market,” said Alex Zozaya, president and CEO of AMResorts. Not only has Jamaica consistently remained strong during these tough economic times, but its natural beauty, premium tourism offerings and consistent appeal made it a destination of choice for Secrets Resorts & Spas.”
The design of the Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay is reflective of the cultural roots and tropical beauty of Jamaica taking inspiration from the island surroundings with its warm neutral tones and unique indigenous art. Guests of Secrets Wild Orchid can enjoy:
- Eight international gourmet á la carte dining options
- Seven chic bars and lounges including swim-up
- Large free-form swimming pools and beachfront Jacuzzi
- 15,000 square foot world-class spa featuring indoor and outdoor spa facilities and hydrotherapy circuit
- The Promenade, a main plaza shared by the two resorts offering a host of exciting activities, boutiques, and entertainment and dining options
- Seawind Beach Club complete with couples cabanas, palapas and a gourmet restaurant
- On-site sports including tennis, beach volleyball, basketball, soccer and non-motorized water sports, and daily yoga, aerobic, and introductory SCUBA classes
- Over 16,000 square-feet of meeting space for business conventions and weddings
The resort features 350 suites with in-room amenities that include oversized four-poster beds, full entertainment systems complete with LCD flat-screen televisions and CD/DVD players, a Jacuzzi for two, private furnished balconies, luxurious bath amenities, and Secrets’ signature discreet 24-hour room service.
In addition to luxurious and spacious accommodations, the guests of Secrets Wild Orchid will be invited to enjoy many of the benefits and offerings of the Secrets St. James resort and vice versa. These benefits include access to restaurants, lounges, spas, open-air theater and more.
Within minutes of the resorts, guests can also take pleasure in a plethora of scenic wonders such as Montego Bay’s famous Rose Hall Great House, The Hip Strip and The Doctor’s Cave Beach Club; and five renowned championship golf courses including the White Witch, Half Moon, Tryall, Three Palms Ocean Course at Wyndham Rose Hall and Cinnamon Hill.